Periods, Periods, Periods !! They are Natural !! #say yes to a happy period.
The menstrual cup is the best alternative to a sanitary pad that makes women feel and fly like a butterfly during their periods. It is a hygienic women’s product that can be easily affordable from online stores like Amazon & Flipkart or purchased traditionally from local pharma stores.
These menstrual cups are made up of soft silicone or rubber and some cups are reusable and some are disposable. However, menstrual cups were used in the 1860s but later its usage was eventually reduced.
Later, Sanitary Napkins are mostly used by the people. Nowadays a lot of new sanitary pad manufacturers, and companies were playing a prime role in selling pads to people. On the other hand, today’s women started using cups again due to comfort.
Well, You came to the right place if you are the one who needs the basic information regarding menstrual cups to start using. This article is completely dedicated to women and by the end of this article, you will get to know sufficient information about menstrual cups. Also, this makes it very easy to buy the best menstrual cups in India 2022.
Table of Contents
- How to use menstrual cup for beginners?
- Steps to use the menstrual cup:
- Do Menstrual Cups hurt for virgins?
- Using menstrual cup can lose virginity?
- Why menstrual cups are bad?
- Taking out the menstrual cup after a period
- Inserting menstrual cup
- Menstrual Cup Size
- Maintaining & Cleaning the menstrual cup
- Advantages of Using Menstrual Cups
How to use menstrual cup for beginners?
You might observe that the menstrual cup is in the shape of a funnel and it is small. Instead of using feminine napkins, cups are positioned in the vagina to collect blood during periods. A menstrual cup is an eco-friendly women’s product and one can wear it for up to 12 hours. These cups hold more blood than pads and also last for many years if the cup is reusable.
Steps to use the menstrual cup:
- Step 1: For any menstrual cup purchase, notice the first basic instructions on the box on either side or backside. Also, It is important that you ordered the correct size or not. Initially, you should wash the menstrual cup in water to get rid of the dust particles. Along with this, ensure that your hands are clean and hygienic. Prefer washing your hands with soapy water.
- Step 2: Fold the menstrual cup tightly and insert it into the vagina. But before inserting, one should be familiar with menstrual cup folds. There are several styles of folding the cup. The below picture will help you to try evenly to get to know your safe folding style. For beginners, the recommended trail style is Punch-Down Fold Style.
- Step 3: It is quite common of feeling panic when the first time using the menstrual cup. The first and best factor you must consider is, ensuring that the stem of a menstrual cup is always downwards. Relax for a while and gently insert the menstrual cup. You can use water to make this insertion easier.
- Step 4: Ensure that you inserted the menstrual cup accurately in the exact position without any leakage. As I said in the above lines, one can use this cup for up to 12 hours, depending on the flow.
- Step 5: Later, remove the cup with the help of the stem of the menstrual cup. Empty the cup and wash it properly with the water and let it boil in hot water for up to 5 minutes at least to make the cup healthy for the purpose of reuse.
So, these are the simple steps to use the menstrual cup if you are a beginner. Let us dive in-depth…
Do Menstrual Cups hurt for virgins?
Firstly, the menstrual cups are highly flexible and can be inserted into the vagina to collect the period’s blood. One should be good at inserting the cup. The correct insertion results in ultimate comfort and you do not even feel the cup you inserted. It is the sign of the correct insertion of a menstrual cup.
Since menstrual cups are flexible & eco-friendly health products, they won’t hurt you unless you are trying those without any knowledge. If you inserted it correctly, you can do your daily work without any discomfort.
If you are very new, It is better to try insertion before your periods. There are a lot of insertion techniques as stated above. Initially, try inserting the smaller cup size, and later you will get to know much about it with ease. The use of water or water-based lubricant while insertion results in the safe and easy insertion of the cup.
Using menstrual cup can lose virginity?
Actual virginity is defined as heterosexual intercourse but nowadays its definition is changed and you might know the answer well. So the simple answer to the above question is No.
They won’t make you lose your virginity. Because this is an eco-friendly and hygienic product that helps women to access safe periods. So, inserting a menstrual cup into the vagina is not a social sexual penetration.
Also, one more thing you must aware of, A she can also be called a virgin if no intact hymen. Because a hymen can be worn down in many ways such as in sports, riding, and other activities. Some women may born without having the hymen too. So, it is not the only way to judge she’s virginity.
Why menstrual cups are bad?
Menstrual cups are highly hygienic for accessing safe periods. However, some of the disadvantages are …
Taking out the menstrual cup after a period
While removing a cup from the vagina, sometimes this thing turns your irritation levels high. You may push down the cup with the help of pelvic muscles or you need to vary the positions to take it up in a comfortable way without any spillage.
It may be difficult for beginners since they are very new to cups. But, one can use the stem of a menstrual cup to handle it well.
Inserting menstrual cup
Not only the removal but also the insertion. But, It is strongly stated in a recent survey that, menstrual cups are super friendly, high in giving comfort, and healthy to safe periods.
Following instructions properly and switching the folds for the better possible way along with the water or any water-containing lubricant makes the way easier for insertion.
And mostly, do not try to insert without water or water lubricants. It may hurt you and make it more complex for you.
Menstrual Cup Size
Choosing the right size of a menstrual cup is a little complex thing. YOu should consider several factors into account while purchasing the best menstrual cup from one of the best menstrual cup brands in India.
Factors like her age, cup capacity, length of the cervix, etc. But choosing the right size will assist you at the time of inserting the cup.
Maintaining & Cleaning the menstrual cup
Sterilizing the menstrual cup after your periods is the must thing one should do to avoid allergic infections. One should boil it in water for 5 minutes to make it reuse for the next time.
Also, if this process makes it hard for you, you can purchase disposable menstrual cups.
Advantages of Using Menstrual Cups
- Menstrual cups are cost-effective, If you are habituated to using them and you are gonna forget sanitary pads and tampons.
- Unlike the irritation, and allergic reactions caused by the sanitary pads and tampons, These menstrual cups can’t cause any irritations or infections.
- Since they are not exposed to the air, the smell of menstrual cups are feel good.
- Once, you are good with the insertion of cups into the vagina, it’s very easy to change if needed as per flow. But, you can have a cup for 12 hours.
- Reusable and eco-friendly. One cup can last up to 5 years.
Finally, I can conclude that using menstrual cups is safer than using sanitary pads or tampons. Since, the process of using the cups is a bit complicated, practicing it well and using it frequently at least 2 to 3 times will make it much easier in managing it with ease. Cleaning and soaking in boiling water for 5 minutes is the most mandatory step one must follow after periods. I hope now you are good enough to choose the best menstrual cup in India. Happy Periods !!